1.1.11

New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions are generally sort of lame. I'm aware of this. Most significant changes end up running on momentum and end up exactly the same way they were before, after a while (ever notice that a "revolution" is just a 360 degree turn?) But frankly, I think a little more goal-setting in my life could be a good thing. So, my resolution is to do one goal a day. It might be for the day, it might be a to-do list item, it might be a significant lifestyle change, and it might repeat. But this is what I'm going to at least attempt to do. Wish me luck.

January 1: Today, I resolve to put a conscious effort into looking forward and not backward. Unless I'm driving.
January 2: Today, I resolve that the next time 12:30 AM rolls around, I will not be awake to see it.
January 3: Today, I resolve to make the 9:15 train next Monday. Also, to stop making resolutions that involve time.
January 4: Today, I resolve to be happy, all day. No matter what happens.
January 5: Today, I resolve to be a bit less afraid of people I don't know, and go make one new friend by the end of the day.
January 6: Today, I resolve to go makeup-free and try to not feel self-conscious about it.
January 7: Today, I resolve to make up my mind what I want here, then go for it one way or the other.
January 8: Today, I resolve to be happy without feeing guilty.
January 9: Today, I resolve to spend at least four hours studying for my test tomorrow.
January 10: Today, I resolve to sleep way more than I did yesterday. Not exactly aiming high, but I just want to succeed today.
January 11: Today, I resolve to make it on time for eating breakfast downtown!
January 12: Today, I resolve to do at least three household cleanup jobs I've been putting off.
January 13: Today, I resolve to try and figure out how to tell my parents that I'm dating someone.
January 14: Today, I resolve to find my parents' health insurance number, or figure out when I get my own from work.
January 15: Today, I resolve to appreciate what I have, all the time.
January 16: Today, I resolve to be nice to everyone.
January 17: Today, I resolve to sleep.
January 18: Today, I resolve to go resolution-free for the day. Screw it.
January 19: Today, I resolve that there are better things to do than not sleep. Like sleep. I'm getting eight hours, no matter what.
January 20: Today, I resolve to go to all classes and to be happy about it. Fun Thursdays.
January 21: Today, I resolve to follow the Canadian Health Food Guide exactly.
January 22: Today, I resolve to smooth things over with at least two people who are currently upset with me.
January 23: Today, I resolve to call my mom/dad.
January 24: Today, I resolve to clean the bathroom.
January 25: Today, I resolve to not use facebook before I go to bed.
January 26: Today, I resolve to get ahead in my readings.
January 27: Today, I resolve to get groceries and pay attention to my spending. I will use at least three coupons.
January 29: Today, I resolve to do a blog post about something besides updating the resolution of the day.
January 30: Today, I resolve to be kind to every single customer at work, and be genuinely interested in their lives.
January 31: Today, I resolve to just get through these tests.
February 1: Today, I resolve to join my housemates with their workout routine downstairs.
February 2: Today, I resolve to stay indoors, do some school work, and be glad the weather gave me a day off.
February 3: Today, I resolve to not spend my whole paycheck as soon as I get it. No matter how tempting that may be.
February 4: Today, I resolve to not be the worst white dancer in Cabin.
February 5: Today, I resolve to make it everywhere on time, despite the many things that will make that a distinct challenge :P
February 6: Today, I resolve to not act on my impulses. Wait it out.
February 7: Today, I resolve to make it to my earliest class on time. 9:30 Research methods, I'm coming for you.
February 8: Today, I resolve to be the first person to wish my housemate Catherine a very happy birthday on facebook.
February 9: Today, I resolve to call Loblaws early in the mornin and offer my availability for any shifts this afternoon after class.
February 10: Today, I resolve to complete all of my homework on time, go to school, and not look like a wreck.
February 11: Today, I resolve to enjoy my whole day completely.
February 12: Today, I resolve to wear my shoulder pad dress for at least an hour, despite all feedback.
February 13: Today, I resolve to study for film, relax, and read Psalm 1.
February 14: Today, I resolve to give as much love out as I can. Easier than receiving, sometimes.
February 15: Today, I resolve to give and take evenly.
February 16: Today, I resolve to work on my voids and IPM's at work and do significantly better than previous.
February 17: Today, I resolve to be kind, to work hard, and to get some work done on my research for my papers.
February 18: Today, I resole to wake up promptly and to make meet-the-family as painless as possible for all involved.
February 19: Today, I resolve to hang out with my family tonight and watch movies. No visits.
February 20: Today, I resolve to be 100% honest with myself and whatever my reaction is to seeing some people again.
February 21: Today, I resolve to hold in my impatience with my family, and to just appreciate what I have, not criticize.
February 22: Today, I resolve to do homework, be honest with the doc, and meet some long-standing obligations.
February 23: Today, I resolve to do my best to become un-sick, do homework, and to hang out with my mom and not fight.
February 24: Today, I resolve to get my resume done and sent in for the Ottawa summer jobs postings.
February 25: Today, I resolve to get to bed early.
February 26: Today, I resolve to be responsible and not do anything likely to make me continue being ill :(
February 27: Today, I resolve to call in sick for the first time ever. Because I legitimately am. gahh.
February 28: Today, I resolve to go to at least one class and stay for the whole thing, even if I have to bring a kleenex box.
March 1: Today, I resolve to be pleasant even when I get grumpy. Because I can already feel the grumpy tendencies flowing.
March 2: Today, I resolve to do my lab and to figure out my new non-dinosaur phone :P
March 3: Today, I resolve to do homework, homework, and more homework. Sorry for the repetition, folks. It's gotta be done.
March 4: Today, I resolve to work my butt off at work and leave my cash area extremely clean for the night crew.
March 5: Today, I resolve to do my best to help Paige to have a non-sucky birthday, and to get up early.
March 6: Today, I resolve to refrain from avoiding uncomfortable topics.
March 7: Today, I resolve to go to philosophy with my paper done, and get crackin on mythology.
March 8: Today, I resole to not lose my chocolate bar with this fundraiser promotion! Freeeebies....
March 9: Today, I resolve to finish this flipping essay and just be happy when it's all over. Gahh what a week.
March 10: Today, I resolve to just be done all this homework nonsense.
March 11: Today, I resolve to smile every time I step outside the house.
March 12: Today, I resolve to care more about everyone else than myself.
March 13: Today, I resolve to give unreservedly.
March 14: Today, I resolve to refrain from speaking to people I'm arguing with until I can do so without saying things I'll regret.
March 15: Today, I resolve to spend time outside enjoying the fresh air, without making to-do lists in my head.
March 16: Today, I resolve to say no when I should, all the time.
March 17: Today, I resolve to be prepared for the day when I go to school. As in, have everything with me.
March 18: Today, I resolve to work hard and to give nobody a reason to be mad at me.
March 19: Today, I resolve to eat a lot of food.
March 20: Today, I resolve to study for my exam tomorrow morning. And to get up in time.
March 21: Today, I resolve to go to all classes with full intentions of staying awake the whole time.
March 22: Today, I resolve to hang out with my good buddy S who I haven't hung out with in forever.
March 23: Today, I resolve to finish my FINAL PAPER FOR THE YEARRR before midnight.
March 24: Today, I resolve to sleep in.
March 25: Today, I resolve to be kind to everyone I see.
March 26: Today, I resolve to not show my weaknesses.
March 27: Today, I resolve to not complain.
March 28: Today, I resolve to pay attention in class.
March 29: Today, I resolve to make dinner with Courtney and have a good chat.
March 30: Today, I resolve to check how many steps it takes me to get to the bus stop from my house.
March 31: Today, I resolve to be around.
April 1: Today, I resolve to never pull an april fools joke again.
April 2: Today, I resolve to do laundry.
April 3: Today, I resolve to make two difficult phone calls.
April 4: Today, I resolve to devote time to being quiet.
April 5: Today, I resolve to be as kind as possible to crabby customers.
April 6: Today, I resolve to finish up with my taxes.
April 7: Today, I resolve to work extra hours.
April 8: Today, I resolve to do one selfless action that I do not want to do.
April 9: Today, I resolve to eat three square meals.
April 10: Today, I resolve to study for my exams!!!
April 11: Today, I resolve to make it on time for music practice with Bren.
April 12: Today, I resolve to be successful on my Philosophy examination.

No comments:

Post a Comment